Enrolling a volunteer participant (customizable)¶
If your study accepts volunteer participants, a participant manager can enroll them as explained in this section. You will have to assign a Participant ID number, the number that will be used to track the participant during the interview and, will probably be used to track their data for the duration of the study. It is important to review the list of participants carefully when registering a new participant and assigning them a Participant ID.
- You must be an Onyx user of type participant manager
- Your study accepts volunteer participants. The Enroll volunteer button is displayed in the Participants page as shown in this figure.
- You must be prepared to assign a new Participant ID to the participant.
Each study determines how it will assign Participant IDs: either by scanning a barcode, by manually entering a number in a certain format and from a certain series of numbers, or by automatically generating an ID.
If the Participants page is not displayed, select the Participants tab to display it. The Enroll volunteer button is displayed in the upper right corner.(see this figure).
- Select the Enroll volunteer button. The Volunteer Registration page is displayed. See this figure.The fields you see were defined by your study and may differ from those shown in this figure.
If your study requires that you check a photo ID of the participant, now would be a convenient time to do so.
Complete the fields. Required fields are indicated with an asterisk. You can scan a barcode to obtain a participant ID or enter a value manually.
If you decide not to enroll the participant, select the Cancel button. The Volunteer Registration page closes and the Participants page is redisplayed unchanged.
- If you want to go ahead with enrolling the participant, select the Save button. The Volunteer Registration page closes and the Participants page is redisplayed.The participant’s status updated to In Progress and Interview has been added in the Actions column for the participant. See this figure.